June 8, 2022
Employment Law Training: the New UAE Labour Law
- Start time: 1 p.m.
- Update / Virtual
- Start time UK: 10 am
- Register and pay here
In February 2022, the New UAE Labour Law came into force and introduced sweeping revolutionary amendments to the employment legislative landscape.
In light of the newly introduced provisions, Gateley Legal along with our employment law expert, Thenji Moyo introduces a 2.5 hour training program that will discuss the key changes to the UAE Labour Law and unpack practical tools required to shape your HR department.
Part 1 : Start of Employment Relationship
- Legal framework
- Immigration and visas
- Transition of Employment Contracts - Fixed-term contracts
- New work models:
- Flexible work
- Temporary work
- Part-time work
- Working Hours and overtime
- Probation period
Part 2: Employment Entitlements and Provisions
- Sick leave entitlement and pay
- Annual leave entitlement and roll over
- Maternity Leave
- Parental leave
- Compassionate leave
- Study Leave
- Bullying and Harassment provisions and implications
- Discrimination and Equal Pay
Part 3: End of Employment
Termination of employment:
- Notice Period
- Unlawful termination
- Redundancy/ re-organization
- Termination without notice
- End of Service Gratuity entitlements
- Repatriation obligation
- Post-termination restrictions:
Part 4: Practical Considerations
- Current employment trends
- Impact of COVID-19 on the employment landscape
- Practical Examples from an HR perspective
- Q&A session
Who is this training aimed at?
This training is particularly beneficial for offices who want to improve their in-house efficiency and ultimately minimize their organizations liability risk. The seminar will be useful for in-house legal counsel, HR professionals, line managers and business owners who want to familiarize themselves with the key amendments to the UAE Labour Law.
The session will be priced at AED 1,500 plus VAT (chargeable at 5%). The total fees for the training will be AED 1,575.
The virtual event will begin 10am British Summer time (UK), and 1pm Gulf Standard time (UAE)